3D printing is revolutionising the medical sector and delivering better results for patients
Medical 3D Printing
By empowering innovation in healthcare, 3D printing is quite literally changing lives. Medical pioneers have turned to additive manufacturing to create personalised solutions such as patient-specific anatomical models and surgical guides, allowing doctors to perform more effective medical procedures and deliver improved patient outcomes.
Stratasys PolyJet technology offers a range of material properties – including biocompatible options – to produce true-to-life medical device prototypes. For stronger tooling, custom fixtures and research aids, the high-performance thermoplastics associated with the FDM technique are incredibly effective.
3D printing is helping to ensure a better quality of life for people all around the world.
Why use 3D printing for medical?
- Validate device performance on patient-derived 3D-printed anatomical models
- Based on real patient imaging, mimic a variety of tissue and bone properties in a single print
- Accelerate product development from accurate 3D-printed concept models to pre-clinical testing, at a fraction of the cost
- Create functional parts while eliminating medical manufacturing constraints, making production more agile and responsive
- Reduce scrap, achieve unmatched design freedom, simplify short production runs and reduce warehousing costs
- 3D printing can positively impact hospital costs, improve efficiencies and provide new revenue opportunities